ADVERTISEMENT

Melissa Gilbert breaks down in court as Judge rules on Timothy Busfield’s release

ADVERTISEMENT

Arrest and Charges Against Timothy Busfield
Timothy Busfield, an Emmy‑nominated actor and director known for roles in “The West Wing,” “Thirtysomething,” and other television and film projects, was arrested in early January 2026 in Bernalillo County, New Mexico, on child sexual abuse and related charges.

A. Arrest Warrant and Allegations
A warrant was issued on January 9, 2026, charging Busfield with two counts of criminal sexual contact with a minor and one count of child abuse.

Prosecutors allege that the incidents involved 11‑year‑old twin boys he met on the set of The Cleaning Lady (Fox), where he had been working as a director.

The alleged misconduct was said to have taken place over an extended period, and one of the boys’ parents said the behavior began when the child was as young as seven.

Following the warrant, Busfield turned himself in on January 13, 2026, surrendering to authorities and initially being held in custody.

B. Busfield’s Response to the Allegations
Shortly before surrendering, Busfield released a video statement (reported by media), in which he denied all allegations, saying:

“They’re all lies and I did not do anything to those little boys … I’m gonna fight it with a great team, and I’m gonna be exonerated.”

This denial echoed across several reports as he awaited further court proceedings.

II. The Pretrial Detention Hearing
A. January 20, 2026 Hearing
On January 20, 2026, Busfield appeared before a judge in Bernalillo County’s Second District Judicial Court for a pretrial detention hearing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Leave a Comment

ADVERTISEMENT